Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Charlie Sheen

I am a bit confused. Who is using who? Charlie Sheen using the media or the media using Charlie Sheen? So Piers Morgan woke up to his highest ratings since inception after Sheen brought his madness to the chair. His Sheenisms are being compared to poetry and have become the grist of late night jokes. I have to admit that I am fascinated by him and have begun to wonder if this isn't the best acting this side of Jack Nicholson. Tiger blood and warlocks indeed. But I am not so sure that the media should continue to provide him with a venue, seeing that now his small children are involved and it is getting messy. Crazy is great for ratings and Charlie Sheen does it better than anyone. But there is something malevolent and dirty about watching a personal meltdown up close. Something Roman Circusish. The "Goddesses" make me cringe and he looks terrible. Maybe taking away his podium could be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment